sinbad travel insurance
Continuing with our commitment to responsibility and integrity when dealing with our customers, we feel travel insurance is very important when traveling.
Travel insurance can give you peace of mind and the knowing that whatever happens, wherever you are travelling you will be covered. Here are some reasons to choose travel insurance
Government health insurance plan may not cover all your emergency expenses
When you leave your home province or territory your government health insurance plan may not cover emergency medical expenses. The Canadian government urges all Canadian to purchase supplemental health insurance when leaving the country. When you purchase travel insurance through Sinbad travel you are provided coverage for lost, damaged or delayed baggage and trip cancellation and interruptions. Whereas you would not be covered had you not purchased insurance through us.
Credit Card coverage may be limited
It is true that some credit cards provide emergency medical insurance when traveling outside of Canada. However, there are some important distinctions to what travel insurance covers and what your credit card's insurance plan covers. For example, with credit card insurance your coverage could only be based on trips purchased with the card or- only limited to a fewer number of travel days. Review the terms of your credit card insurance to see if it is limited in some aspects and decide wether it is a good idea to supplement with additional insurance.
Employee benefits plan coverage may be limited
It is entirely possible that under your employee benefits plan you are not covered for out-of-country medical coverage, or you are not covered for your spouse or any dependants. Again, review the terms of your employee insurance to see if it is limited in some aspects and decide whether it is a good idea to supplement with additional insurance.
More reasons to get travel insurance
- Your flight has been cancelled
- Your bags are lost and your medication is in it and you need to have an emergency prescription filled
- Your passport and wallet are stolen, and you need emergency cash and a replacement passport
- You're involved in an accident and adequate medical treatment is not available. You need medical evacuation
- You need to cancel your trip due to illness
- Your cruise line, airline or tour operator goes bankrupt. You need your non-refundable expenses covered and to get to your destination
- You have a medical emergency in a foreign country
- A terrorist incident occurs in the city where you're planning to visit and you want to cancel your trip
- A hurricane forces you to evacuate your resort, hotel or cruise